Friday, January 25, 2013

Questions of Facebook

Facebook. In other words, the biggest time-waster on the internet apart from Twitter, Youtube and online games. I do have a Facebook, yes, but I'm not one of the people who are on it 24/7 and make a big deal if they cannot get on to Facebook at a certain time.

So in the text, when Levinson brought up the subject of adding a 'friend' based on your 'interest', I was dumbfounded that people actually add people who they have no knowledge of. How dense can you be? 'Oh hey, he likes Transformers too! I think I'll add him!' No. Who knows if that person isn't some hacker on the other side who'll steal all your personal information?

Then there's 'It's not official until it's Facebook official.' The biggest load of malarky I've heard in a long time. I mean, who cares if somebody you've never met before, but for some ludicrous reason are friends with, is having 'the best party of the year!' I sure as h*ll don't.

It's amazing how many people depend on Facebook as a daily intake of their lives.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing, isn't it. Hundreds of millions of people connected through FB. Strange, pitiful, and fascinating (in a lemming kind of way).

    ReplyDelete