Friday, February 8, 2013

Blogs? What blogs?

I've found that today, to be a well known person, you have to advertise yourself across the world multiple ways, be it blogging, social media sites, or just have your own website.

One way that I got to know people is through their artwork. I see their artwork on a website, which usually ends with me 'following' them on that site. I look at their profile, like more of their work and become one of their many daily followers.

Art is something that I like to keep track of, new styles that people are using that give me inspiration to draw from. There is a website about a local art council that keeps track of all the exhibitions that are going to be around this area, called the Madison Arts Area Council (http://madisonareaartscouncil.org/), or the MAAC.

Another way is the News media. Doing something that gets you on the news, good or bad, will lead to people finding out about you. Like I said, it could be good or bad, but either way you will end up having people from different areas hearing your name or having prior knowledge of meeting you. You could end up local, or you could end up worldwide. It all depends on what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment